28 Apr Accounting Associate
About This Position
Enthought is seeking an experienced Accounting Associate to join our Austin, TX team. This role will help support Enthought’s day-to-day accounting operations, monthly financial reporting and payroll processing. Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage accounts payable, including vendor bills, credit card purchases and employee expense reports, ensuring proper processing, coding and timely payment.
- Process employee payroll for all subsidiaries and prepare related journal entries for month end reporting
- Monitor accounting activities to assist with accrual preparation and ensure that expenses are recognized in the appropriate accounting period
- Maintain accounts payable and payroll filing systems
- Assist with investigation and implementation of new systems related to accounts payable and payroll
- Assist with annual financial audits
- Special projects as needed
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Professionalism – prioritizes and plans activities, uses time efficiently, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in duties, takes responsibility for one’s actions, is dependable and able to manage confidential data discretely
- Initiative – demonstrates initiative and undertakes self-directed tasks, works well independently, asks for and offers help when needed
- Ethics and Judgment – works with integrity, treats people with respect and exercises sound and accurate judgment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- One year of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of GAAP
- Must be organized, detailed, accurate, able to prioritize and multitask
- Advanced abilities using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- General knowledge of accounting systems with NetSuite experience preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.