24 Sep Scientific Software Developer Intern
About This Position
Enthought is seeking full-time summer interns to take on challenging projects and work closely with our team of developers in both our Austin, TX and Cambridge, UK offices.
We will accept applications for summer internships through November 18th. Internship selections are made by January 1st. (UK internship deadline is Feb. 23rd).
You will work with developers on existing customer and open source projects. Typically responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of a project, developing a plan with your mentor, implementing the plan, and reviewing results with your mentor
- Develop application and test code in Python or other language
- Participate in design and implementation discussions to provide ideas and understand the trade-offs involved in different implementations and user interface designs
Projects vary by year and by intern, but some examples of previous summer intern projects include:
- Wrap financial libraries using SWIG
- Work on Canopy Data Import Tool
- Write examples and documentation for DistArray
- Write an open-source UI application framework
- Write an interactive UI builder using the enaml UI package
- Improve graphics performance in Chaco plotting package
- Implement algorithms for segmenting 3D geophysical data into homogeneous sub-regions
- research into the printability of solvents used in LCD research, and the prototype printability measurement device
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Good programming skills with Python or C++. A basic understanding of data structures and algorithms, and a desire to learn more.
- A strong interest in science and engineering and curiosity for figuring out how things work.
- Familiarity with software patterns is a bonus.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a Python code sample to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.