14 Mar Python Technical Trainer
About This Position
Enthought seeks a talented Python instructor with a passion for teaching and solid experience in using Python for scientific computing / data science applications. You’ll be based out of our downtown Austin office and you’ll also travel to great cities to teach Python to scientists, engineers, analysts, and data scientists across a range of industries.
- Work on consulting projects for approximately 6-9 months to expand and deepen scientific computing skills while working with the training team to onboard to the trainer role
- After approximately, 6-9 months, move fully into the dedicated trainer role and teach live workshops on Python for scientific computing / data science (up to 2-3 weeks per month on average) across the U.S. and/or internationally
- When in Austin, work with the training team to update and maintain training course materials on a regular schedule
- Work with the training team to maintain and enhance training tools, processes, and infrastructure
- Work with the training and marketing teams to develop, produce, and deliver technical content marketing assets (cheat sheets, white papers, videos, webinars, etc.)
- Support the sales team in evaluating customer training needs and proposing solutions
Desired Skills and Capabilities
Reporting to the VP of Training Solutions, the Python Technical Trainer must be diligent, organized, versatile, and collaborative. Mandatory job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related area of computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 2+ years of experience using Python for scientific computing (e.g., analysis, engineering, science, modeling, data science)
- 2+ years of teaching experience (e.g., trainer, college / university instructor or teaching assistant, or other)
- Strong organizational & project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly (up to 2-3 weeks per month on average) to teach Python workshops in the U.S. and/or internationally
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.