14 Mar Digital Transformation Services Consultant and Instructor
About This Position
Enthought seeks a talented technical instructor with a passion for teaching and solid experience using Python for software development and scientific computing / data science applications.
This is no ordinary teaching role. You’ll work closely with the rest of our Digital Transformation Services team based out of our downtown Austin office (with possibility to relocate to our Tokyo office!) to facilitate our clients’ development of transformative digital capabilities. Among the many things you’ll do: deliver week-long training classes; facilitate extended multi-week immersive training workshops; work one-on-one with clients to help them develop tools to solve technical, scientific, and business problems; and build personal and professional relationships with clients through long-term collaboration. You’ll have exposure to many facets of our comprehensive consulting approach — one day you might be working side-by-side with an engineer on a gnarly technical problem while the next you may find yourself mapping out the high-level business case with senior leaders of the organization.
You’ll also travel to great cities in the U.S. and abroad to develop scientific computing capabilities of scientists, engineers, analysts, and data scientists across a range of industries.
- Spend three to six months onboarding to the technical classroom content and the “stories” that go with it, the Enthought Platform, and the various modes of instruction
- Teach live workshops on Python for scientific computing / data science across the U.S. and internationally
- Deliver intensive one-on-one technical development and coaching sessions
- Work with the team to develop, produce, and deliver technical and educational assets (course materials, cheat sheets, white papers, videos, webinars, etc.)
- Support internal and client-facing communication and reporting
- Work with the team to identify, develop, maintain and enhance internal tools, processes, and infrastructure
- Prepare and facilitate strategic hackathons
- Support the sales team in evaluating customer needs and proposing solutions
Desired Skills and Capabilities
Reporting to the Director of Training Solutions, the Digital Transformation Consultant and Instructor must be diligent, organized, versatile, and collaborative. Mandatory job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related area of computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 2+ years of experience using Python for scientific computing (e.g., analysis, engineering, science, modeling, data science)
- 2+ years of teaching experience (e.g., trainer, college / university instructor or teaching assistant, or other)
- Strong organizational & project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly (up to 2 weeks per month on average) to deliver training services (e.g., classroom training, workshops, hackathons, intensive one-on-one technical development and coaching sessions, office hours, and technical seminars) in the U.S. and internationally
- Knowledge of Japanese a strong plus
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.