04 Jun Software Architect
About This Position
We are seeking an exceptional software architect to join our product development team. The product stack is composed of desktop applications and a web services platform for building advanced technical computing and visualization applications. The successful candidate will help guide the architectural growth of the product, drive continued feature development, and continue to improve the richness and robustness of the platform.
Applicants should have a BS, MS, or PhD degree with a strong background in computer science, as well as real world experience developing quality software in commercial environments.
While strong technical skills are required, we tend to weigh “really smart”, “highly productive”, and “dedicated to developing quality products” more heavily than any specific skill set or degree. If you are passionate about software engineering, dedicated to building quality software, and pragmatic about problem solving, we’d love to hear from you.
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- 5+ years of programming experience with service oriented architecture
- Expertise with data storage architecture and large data management in cloud/distributed contexts
- Solid understanding of software and computer architecture
- Strong background in creating scalable applications and architetectures
- Experience with high-performance computing (HPC) environments, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), larger (> PB) scientific data collections are all big pluses
- BS, MS or PhD in engineering, computer science, mathematics or a related technical discipline. Equivalent experience also considered
- A passion for computers, software, and programming
- Some travel may be required
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.