03 Apr Software Developer: Bioinformatics
About This Position
The Bioinformatics Software Developer at Enthought, Inc. develops bioinformatics solutions including pipelines, UIs, visualizations, and data analysis methods for our proprietary products and for customer applications. We currently have openings in Austin (USA), Tokyo (Japan), and Cambridge (UK). Some travel may be required.
Applicants should have a BS, MS, or PhD with a strong background in biology, statistics, computer science, and real experience developing quality software, either commercial or open source. More experienced applicants should also have demonstrated project management skills and the ability to lead a team of strong developers with highly technical backgrounds.
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- (Required) Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Biology, or other scientific or engineering field with preferably a M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
- (Required) Minimum 2 years of post-graduate experience developing bioinformatics solutions in a laboratory environment, either in industry or academia.
- (Required) Experience with NGS data analysis and tools. Non-human (e.g., microbiology, plant, animal) experience a plus.
- Ability to work directly with bench scientists to understand their problem domain and develop appropriate software and analytical solutions to support their projects.
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write readable, documented, and unit-tested code that serves as an example to those who study your work
- Strong work ethic and dedication to satisfying the customer.
- Experience with Python- and R-based bioinformatics tools.
- Deep understanding of bioinformatics, statistics, and modern biology lab methods.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.