03 Apr Technical Lead: Life Sciences Group
About This Position
The Life Sciences Technical Lead at Enthought, Inc. works directly with Enthought’s developers and customers to create solutions that range from bioinformatics methods to experimental designs and even new lab methods and participates in sales support activities, including speaking at conferences and authoring papers. We currently have openings in Austin (USA), Tokyo (Japan), and Cambridge (UK). Some travel may be required.
Applicants should have a PhD in Biology, or similar experience, with a strong background in modern lab methods along with an understanding of bioinformatics. Applicants should have demonstrated project management skills and the ability to lead a team of scientists with highly technical backgrounds.
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- (Required) Ph.D. in Biology, Molecular Biology, a related field, or equivalent real-world experience. Industrial experience is a plus.
- (Required) Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience in a scientific role (10 years without a Ph.D.).
- (Required) Experience with NGS methods, preferably for both human and non-human applications. Microbiology experience a plus.
- (Required) Experience with non-sequencing applications, such as imaging, high-content screening, mass spectrometry methods (e.g., proteomics), and/or flow cytometry.
- Familiarity with the drug discovery process is a plus.
- Ability to quickly assess the basic science and methods in a customer’s lab and communicate it clearly to non-life science experts.
- Ability to work directly with bench scientists to fully understand their problem domain and communicate requirements to Enthought’s developers.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to satisfying the customer.
- Experience with Python and Python-based and R-based bioinformatics tools is a plus
- Deep understanding of modern biology lab methods and their informatics challenges.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.