Pandas Mastery Training Workshop
Instructor-led, intensive project-based learning experience for rapid transferable skill development
Pandas (the Python Data Analysis library) provides a powerful and comprehensive toolset for working with data, including tools for reading and writing diverse files, data cleaning and wrangling, analysis and modeling, and visualization. Fields with widespread use of Pandas include: data science, finance, neuroscience, economics, advertising, web analytics, statistics, social science, and many areas of engineering.
Who Should Take the Pandas Mastery Workshop
This class is perfect for someone who uses or plans to use Python and Pandas regularly in their day-to-day work, and wants to achieve a high level of proficiency rapidly. Quantitative analysts, data scientists, and business analysts will find this class particularly beneficial.
Students in the Pandas Mastery Workshop develop transferable skills in using Pandas for data loading, wrangling, cleaning, visualization, manipulation, transformation, and analysis.
What You'll Get Out of the Pandas Mastery Workshop
Over the course of three intensive days, an expert instructor will support students as they work through a typical real-world data analysis project step-by-step using Pandas. This course develops the deep knowledge and skills that will enable students to tackle their own projects with Pandas immediately when they get back to work on Monday morning.
Specific Topics Include:
Accessing Data From Multiple Sources
- Reading and writing data from local files (.txt,.csv,.xls, .json, etc)
- Reading data from remote files
- Scraping tables from web pages (.html)
- Making the most of the powerful read_table method
Cleaning and Preparing Data
- Working with Pandas data structures: Series and DataFrame
- Accessing your data: indexing, slicing, fancy indexing, boolean indexing
- Data wrangling, including dealing with dates and times and missing data
- Adding, dropping, selecting, creating, and combining rows and columns
Database Access and Data Wrangling
- Database access with DB-API2 and SQLAlchemy
- Executing SQL commands from Pandas
- Loading database data into a DataFrame
- Combining and manipulating DataFrames: merge, join, concatenate
- Understanding the structure of a Figure
- Data visualization: scatter plots, line plots, box plots, bar charts,and histograms with matplotlib
- Customizing plots: important attributes and arguments
- Split-apply-combine with DataFrames
- Data summarization and aggregation methods
- Pandas powerful groupby method
- Reshaping, pivoting, and transforming your data
- Simple and rolling statistics
Real-World Modeling and Problem Solving
- Deep learning of the data analysis tools through lectures, Q&A, and hands-on exercises
- Develop transferable skills through application to authentic data sets
- Predict the future with time series analysis
- And more!
A working knowledge of programming in the Python standard language (data structures, control flow, assignment, functions, and package access) and familiarity with array programming in NumPy is required. Knowledge of general data analysis techniques and basic statistics (mean, standard deviation, correlation, etc.) is strongly recommended.
Individuals who have taken Enthought's Python Foundations, Python for Scientists and Engineers, or Python for Data Science classes will have the prerequisite knowledge for the course.
- What is the difficulty level of the Pandas Mastery Workshop?
Overall the Pandas Mastery Workshop would be considered an intermediate-level course, and requires previous Python experience (specifically a working knowledge of the Python standard language and familiarity with array programming in NumPy). Some exposure to Pandas specifically is useful, but not required. The course is fast-paced and covers a lot of ground, so if you consider yourself an experienced beginner in Pandas then it should be a great fit.
- Is a class completion certificate provided?
Yes, a class completion certificate is provided for the Data Analysis with Python in Pandas Mastery Workshop.
Have a question that isn't answered here? Contact us or call 512.536.1057.